"The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows." -Audrey Hepburn


Search This Blog

Starting over... kinda

So I deleted this blog from another account and just made it over again on THIS google account. Same address though, which I was glad to be able to keep. So many issues with some feedburner thing and access being denied to something I was trying to set up.... and then having to switch back and forth between accounts because the blog was associated with an email address that my YT channel was not associated with.

Confused yet?

Me too.

It's all good though. I'm hoping to get back on my grind and that things will lift off the way I want them to....

Watching Empire Girls has given me lofty ideas about building my own empire; wait a minute... I always had those ideas. Well, implementation time. ;)

.....
I know I've been gone for over a year. It has been an interesting, busy, fun, and emotional year. My family moved into a new house (our first), I endured one of the toughest semesters in my college career thus far during the fall, I adopted a puppy (it was like having a baby! love him, but so tiring and time consuming to train him!), I was involved in two stage productions at my college while enrolled in 6 classes during the spring semester, and so on... I haven't really had time to do this whole beauty guru thing and honestly I fell into a rut of doing very basic makeup that I figured no one would be interested in what I had to offer anyway.

I want to get back into the swing of things, get more creative again, and do something worth being really proud of. I want to come out of my shell on camera doing these tutorials and give you a sense of who I actually am, vs the way I was being before (shy... but can you blame me? I was nervous! lol). This channel was created out of a vision to promote inner beauty and outer beauty. I want to do that, but with my Jersey Girl raised by Nuyoricans attitude I wonder if the whole inner beauty part will come across. I can be abrasive (which is why a lot of people don't like me when they first meet me... as one of my friends reminded me the other day - thank you for that btw - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... lmao!), but I'm a spiritual gal... I do a lot of soul searching, praying, and meditation and hopefully what I can bring to the table is some videos with advice on how to be at peace even when you feel like your world is a storm... a category 5 hurricane, perhaps? And I'll be bringing some beauty tips, tutorials, and reviews since that's what a beauty guru is supposed to do!

In any case... here is to revisiting old projects. :)

Excuse my writing skills this post, I'm not trying to make this neat or pretty... just jotting down how I'm feeling. This isn't an essay to be graded... so I won't be all type A on this like I normally would be. #recoveringperfectionist. <--- annoying hashtag that only belongs on twitter/instagram, I'm aware.

I'll be reuploading posts that correspond with my YT vids. I'm taking requests for tutorials now. Thank you to all!

Love always,
Your sassypants boricua, Nia <3

2 comments:

Daria said...

So exciting! Wishing you the best of luck :)

Nia said...

Thanks Daria! My YT channel is youtube.com/entirelygorgeous if you'd like to check it out.

Post a Comment