"The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows." -Audrey Hepburn


Search This Blog

Guru Gossip?

I'm guilty....

of reading gossip about gurus. I'm a tabloid junkie and at some point I was way too curious about the personal lives of gurus. I stopped that a while ago. These girls are just trying to share something they like and, yes, make a living doing so. Before trying to make my own videos I didn't really get it. Why would you get paid for something so trivial or "easy" as applying makeup and showing people? But, honestly... editing is a b*tch and some of these girls put up videos every other day. They are putting hours in the same way anyone would at a typical job, so why NOT get paid? I laid off on reading the gossip for a long time. And in case you're wondering, I never posted on any of those gossip forum sites. Too much negative energy going around there.

The other day I was googling some beauty gurus to find their websites just to get a sense of how they built their fan base, the layout that seems to work the best, static sites vs. blog... blogger, wordpress, tumblr. I'm trying to figure out if it is even possible for me to get to that status and if it is even worth all the hours. Back to the point! So I was googling a guru and on the FIRST search page was a listing for a thread about her on guru gossip! I was horrified, people have gotten even meaner than they were a year ago!

I'm aware, of the fact that some gurus have let the YT fame get to their heads and some seem overly sponsored while denying they are getting paid by x, y, and z.... and maybe the rest of the alphabet too. I'll give you the right to criticize gurus about that if you want; BUT there were some people who seem to be straight up stalking these girls, posting very private information, and then acting as if it is their god-given right to do so. Young teenage gurus were getting trashed for seeming immature? Older gurus were being attacked based on their parenting skills or their lack of college education. Some things to the effect of "so and so wouldn't even admit to quitting school." As if a guru doesn't deserve any privacy.

Maybe, just maybe, gurus are human beings that get embarrassed or ashamed of their mistakes in life... the same way that the members of those gossip forums do. I understand they put themselves out there and so they will be criticized, but it just seems like a shame honestly. Constructive criticism is one thing, but it seems like there is so much hate out there. I'm not even sure why I was reading and allowing that negative energy to affect ME. I guess I was afraid that if I ever got to a substantial amount of subs that I'd have to deal with all that mess too.

Anyway, I'm opening up a discussion. How do you feel about those gossip sites? Do you feel that gurus are fair game? Do you think it is considered cyber bullying or just a good way for the YT viewers to vent? Let me know in the comment section!

0 comments:

Post a Comment